February 2017


Day 58-59 - February 27th thru 28th, 2017

How did February fly by so fast?! I guess it is the shortest month of the year, but seriously.. it might as well be New Years. Monday was pretty simple for lunch. I made some salad Sunday night, so I could make a sandwich for lunch the next day. I actually added some chopped celery, red onion, and diced pickled jalapenos. Oh and for a nice touch, some chopped up hard-boiled egg.

I was feeling some soup for some reason and had texted Phil to see if he would be into getting some Pho with me. Not going to lie, I was surprised by his response because he actually said yes. So I got home, changed into some comfy clothes, and off we went.

After finishing some pho, Phil and I went to Tom Thumb to go grab some groceries since we were running a little low. I had some tilapia thawing out so I could make some Parmesan Crusted Tilapia for my lunch this week. Well, I only had two left, so I guess for Tuesday and Wednesday. After getting home and putting all the groceries up, I started the process. 

Here's what I needed:

2 Fillets of Tilapia 

Panko Bread Crumbs - Parmesan Herb for extra flavor

1/4 cups olive oil

1/2 tablespoon lemon juice

1/4 teaspoons salt

1/4 teaspoons black pepper

1/2 cups parmesan cheese

1/2 cups seasoned panko bread crumbs

1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon paprika

1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes

I preheated the oven to 400 degrees, then placed a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with Pam. In a medium-sized bowl, I combined tilapia, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; then let the tilapia marinate for 15-20 minutes. In a shallow round pan, I mixed together the parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, and parsley flakes. Once mixed, I placed each fillet into the coating, then flipped it over and pressed firmly again. I placed the coated fillets onto the baking sheet. After 15-20 minutes, the fillets were nice and golden brown. 

On the side, I steamed some broccoli and made some jasmine rice. Just a tid bit, if you are not into eating brown rice, jasmine rice is much better than regular white rice. It is less starchy, meaning you will fill more full and contains less carbs and calories than your typical white rice. Of course, jasmine rice is not as good for you as brown rice, but is a great alternative if you are not into the taste of brown rice like me. 

Overnight, I woke up to my nose uncontrollably running and basically had to use my shirt to get it to stop. I was half asleep and barely knew what was going on. Once I had to get up for work Tuesday morning, I had been hit with the plague that has been running through the office. Luckily, I had my lunch made and stuck around the office all day. As the day went on, I started feeling worse and worse, with my throat sore as hell and my nose super stuffy. I decided to make some soup that I found online, that I thought would help me knock this out of me. I found a Chicken Veggie Detox Soup. 

Here what I needed:

2 boneless skinless chicken breast

2 quarts chicken broth

1 large onion, peeled and chopped

3 cups broccoli florets

2 1/2 cups sliced carrots

2 cups chopped celery

3-4 garlic cloves, minced

3 tablespoons fresh shredded or grated ginger

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper

1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric

Garlic salt and pepper

**I added sliced jalapeno to make it spicier, but you don't need to have it in there. 

I set a large sauce pot over medium heat. Then added the olive oil, chopped onions, celery, ginger, and garlic. Sauteed for 5-6 minutes. Then added the chicken breasts, broth, carrots, apple cider vinegar, crushed red pepper, turmeric and 1 teaspoon sea salt. Brought the pot to a boil, lowered the heat to medium, and simmered for about 20 minutes, until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Then removed the chicken with some tongs and set them on a cutting board to cool. While they were cooling, I added the broccoli and jalapenos to the pot. I continued to simmer to soften the broccoli. Meanwhile, shredded the chicken breasts with two forks, and stirred it back into the soup. Once the broccoli was tender, I added garlic salt and pepper to taste.

Let me just say, the soup definitely is a detox soup and works incredibly fast. The taste is good, but not great. I am not a huge ginger person, so I would add less of that next time. Otherwise, I would recommend the soup. Needless to say, the rest of the week was not so great until about Friday, in which I will update you more on in my next blog post. With such a nasty way to end the month, hopefully things turn around during March. 

Happy Eating, 


Day 55-57 - February 24th thru 26th, ​​2017

This past weekend was a splurge weekend to say the least and it all started with Friday at lunchtime. It was around 60 degrees, which felt great in the sun and pretty nippy in the shade. Some coworkers and I decided to go to Fuel City near downtown (basically a block from the County Jail) and get some street Tacos. May I just add that Fuel City is by far the most random gas station ever. There is a pool right next to the drive thru, where you can buy cigs and I guess watch people swimming? Along with animals like longhorn, horses, and last time there was a zebra. But the street tacos and elotes (corn in a cup) here is so good and cheap. May a little too much onion for my liking, but you can always ask to get that taken off. I got two tacos, with one being the Picadilla - ground beef, potatoes, cheese, cilantro, and onion; and the Pastor - spicy pork, onions, and cilantro. I have to go with the Picadilla being my favorite taco there, even beats out the Barbacoa in my opinion.

Of course, when they asked how I wanted my elotes, I told them extra spicy. So if you go here, they do add a lot of cheese, which is good at first but gets old after the first layer. Unless you intend to eat the whole thing, I would suggest a small rather than a medium cup. Also, anyone that gets a large, I commend you but that is a lot.

Saturday, I ate out twice, which is something I have been trying to refrain from as much as possible. Like I said in my last post, I received my refund on Thursday, so why not live a little? I met my friend at Rockfish to do brunch, which is a small menu but they had a Salmon Eggs Benedict that I could not refuse. Oh, I had the notion that I could from looking online, but you can definitely bring your dog there and sit on the patio. For all you dog lovers, like myself, that is a win all on it's own. For starters, we went with some classic Spinach and Artichoke Dip. The chips reminded me of the thin and crispy ones from Chili's. The dip was solid and it would worry me if they had a hard time making good  spinach dip.

My eyes glazed over once my Salmon Benedict arrived. If that picture doesn't say it all, I don't know what does. Not only is there a crab cake at the bottom, there was also asparagus and bacon bits on top. So perfect. Not to mention, the peasant potatoes were not half bad. The best one are still from Le Peep, but I dug these too.

When the manager ask you "do you like free food?". Haha who would ever say no? I guess if you have an oyster allergy, but eff it.. just try it anyway. It's free! There are starving children in Africa who would love to eat that steamed oyster covered in spinach dip and Parmesan cheese. If you were wondering if this was good, hell yeah it was.

Later that evening, I went to Brio Tuscan Grille for the first time. I had planned to get a pasta dish but since I had been eating out all day, I decided to go with something a tad bit light. Instead, I went Salmon Fresca, which had Salmon (Yes, I had salmon twice that day). The meal also came with asparagus, feta cheese, bell pepper, tomatoes, baby spinach, and balsamic glaze. This was also gluten-free!

Especially being out and about all weekend and then going out again on Sunday, the weekend went by real quick. I told my mom I wanted to try this place I was recommended at work called Shell Shack, which I would like to compare to a mini Joe's Crab Shack. We started off with a dozen oysters, which were perfectly shucked. My mom was very pleased with how good these were. 

Of course, I had to take a picture with my bib. We were about to go to town on some crab legs.

The grand finale, the pound of snow crab legs, covered in lemon pepper seasoning and a spicy sauce. Look at that presentation.This was probably one of the spiciest things I have ever eaten, and it was delicious. I was impressed and would definitely recommend. We also ordered some potatoes and corn on the side. Perfection!

That evening, I didn't really have much to eat, but Phil did make me a pancake. He had a craving and it sounded pretty good to me too. I only went with one, since I ate so heavy earlier in the day (and the whole weekend). I topped it off with some bananas. Solid weekend for food, but now it is time to get back on that cooking train. Bare with me while I take some time to update the site, since February is coming to a close. In my next post, you have a lot of recipes to enjoy!

Happy Eating, 


Day 51-54 - February 20th thru 23rd, 2017

So combining my post has made this much easier for me. I apologize if you were keeping up with this every day and will try to be more consistent during March. This month has just been a little more chaotic I guess, with my mom coming home and the changes at work. That being said, this post is for the work week, excluding Friday because I will put that with my weekend post. Since finding out that our downstairs deli will make me egg whites AND avocado for only $2.50, I have been kinda obsessed. I was still recovering from the weekend festivities, so that is usually when I decide to have more than fruit or a cereal bar for breakfast. Kept it simple and heathy, and of course drizzled some sriracha on there. 

Monday was also my parents 32nd Anniversary and they have been together for over 33 years. You know, they say that people should date for like 2+ years before getting engaged or married, but they are a prime example of how that is not always the case. I think when you know, you know. Especially them being two people from completely different sides of the world, where any choice or decision could of led them to different people and somehow found each other. Pretty amazing if you ask me. Well getting to the point, my parents wanted to spend the evening just them two, so Phil and I decided to celebrate their anniversary by going to get some RA Sushi lol. We freaking love this place and they had an all day happy hour for President's Day. So cheers to love, my parents, and presidents! So I usually go with the Viva Las Vegas roll and the Octopus Nigiri, but I decided to change things up a bit. For starters, I went with the Tuna Nigiri, which was delicious. The tuna tasted as good as it looked, and pretty much melted in my mouth. If you are wanting to start branching out from eating rolls, this would be a perfect gateway sushi.

To end off the evening, I went with the Spicy Shrimp Mix Roll, which was also a great call. If you like spice and not into the whole raw fish thing, this is a great roll to get you used to sushi but also just delicious. Might be a new favorite for me!

Tuesday was not that exciting, but did make my way to Olive Garden for lunch. Now, I know Olive Garden is basic as fuck, but hear me out. They have a great lunch menu. You can get out of there easily under $10 and that is with tip. Plus, they do half portions rather than their huge portions they serve for dinner. If you ask to do half portions, they will do it for dinner as well. I went with Fettucine Alfredo, which is something that I haven't ate in a while. Perfect serving size and not too much sauce. 

Wednesday ended up being a little more exciting. I went for a run during lunch, so I asked my coworker to grab me some Chick-Fil-A since that is where they were all going. I needed to lay off the carbs, so I went with the Southwest Spicy Chicken Salad. I realize I eat a lot of spicy things, but I'm not sorry, it's just better. Plus, this salad is awesome, with spicy grilled chicken, black beans, corn, tortilla chip strips, cherry tomatoes (I could live without this), shredded cheese, bell pepper, and topped off with chili lime sunflower seeds and chili lime dressing. 

Wednesday was also National Margarita Day, so of course I had to indulge. Courtney and I went with Blue Goose, which is almost walking distance from me.. or at least running distance. They had a deal for $3 Frozen or Rocks Margaritas, which is a steal in my opinion. Blue Goose also has the same deal on Thursdays and $2 Frozen Margaritas on Tuesdays. They also has their Spicy Chicken Quesadilla on their menu for a limited time, so Court and I split that with some queso.

Like I said earlier, whenever I drink, then I have a tendency to overly eat the next day. That being said, we planned to go to Super Chix, which is a chicken sandwich place in the Addison area. This is like Chick-Fil-A on crack. Their fries are awesome and I went with the Rosemary Black Pepper, along with the Nashville Hot Chicken sandwich. The lingering taste of pepper was something much different than I am used to, but very good to say the least. Plus, they give you very generous sized sliced kosher pickles on there. 

Not going to lie, I actually ended up going to Anamia's for dinner with Phil. I wanted to take a break from taking a picture of every meal I eat, plus I only got Chicken Tortilla soup and we got some Kelly's queso. Even though that has yet to be posted on here, that is my usual go to and I am sure I will go there again. 

So, a whole lot of eating out this week. I got my refund check and had a pay day last Friday, so I splurged. Big deal. Well, next week I will go back to cooking more stuff, but until then.. enjoy my next post that will cover my weekend eats. 

Happy Eating, 


Day 47-50 - February 16th thru 19th, 2017

Just take note that I am at day 50 by the end of this post. DAY 50! That being said, this weekend was a little slow for the food, because I basically got ran over on Saturday. Well, not really ran over, but it sure felt like that. Let's start with Thursday, which was a normal day. So I have not been eating breakfast in the morning and usually just drink some coffee. I made some guacamole because the avocados were a day away from going bad. Found out that you can order just egg whites from the deli inside my building, so I added that to the guacamole spread and toast that I brought. Drizzled some sriracha (of course) and had myself about two of those. 

Like I said, nothing really exciting during the day and finsihed off my left overs I had from meal prepping earlier in the week. On the way home, Courtney and I decided to get some dinner together. We knew we wanted sushi but from where, that was the question. I have yet to go to Pirahna for my blog (I have been there before though), so that was an option but all the "FloMo" moms go there on Thursday nights. As much as I wanted Pirahna, I rather just go somewhere else and do that another day. I always go to RA Sushi, so we decided on a place we have both never been to called Lava10. It is one of those places that you have always seen, but chose to never go to. The place was cute and more like a sushi bar atmosphere rather than how modern RA is, which was nice. The price was still about the same, but the food was good and this place was close to where we live. We may become regulars haha. We started off with Pot Stickers and slowly made our way down the menu. 

Then came out my just-caught salmon fillets. Of course, I am just kidding, but I had ordered the Smoked Salmon sashimi. Mmmmm 🙂 This salmon was so stick and had a great taste to it, so I thoroughly enjoyed. 

Courtney went with "The Shaggy Dog", and to be honest, I have no idea what came with it lol. I will say that this was my favorite roll of the night and something I am almost positive Phil would like.

I sort of wished I just asked for the check, because I was so full already from the other stuff we ate. Nonetheless, my "half a bottle of wine" mind decided to go for another, so I went with there Red Dragon Roll. I asked the waitress what was the spiciest roll on the menu and she said this one. Topped with sriracha and jalapeno, with assorted raw meat and spicy mayo drizzled throughout. Tasty, but boy... did I over do it.

Once I got home, Phil had already been sleeping, but it wasn't late so I went for a glass of wine and got on Pinterest. I can barely remember the last time I go have a nice glass of wine and go pin-crazy. I stayed up a little late and felt it the next day, but it 'twas a good evening.

Friday, I woke up feeling alright, just a little spacey. I think more because of how late I stayed up, rather than half of a bottle wine I decided to drink. Since I went a little heavy at Lava10, I brought a salad for lunch. The office was so quiet, because a couple of people were out of the office. It was nice to have that Fridays silence, finish out your week, follow up with new hires, and not have to worry about every little move you make that isn't making a call. Although, I did make some calls, but no traction on the job I was working. Days like this come perfectly with a fresh baby spinach salad.


Later that evening, I committed to a yoga class that my coworker teaches. I have done this class before, but for some reason, this time was much harder. Maybe I have gain a little more weight than I see in the mirror, but damn.. I have never sweated more in my life. I was basically shaking and was asked to take a picture, and I swear my hand knocked someone's drink down to the ground. Uncontrollable. Seriously though, I do like this class.. kicks your ass, but that's the point right?

After the class, I went over to my friend Katie's apartment. She is moving to Chicago, which I am sure I mentioned before on here, so I wanted to hang with her before she heads out. She made me Ground Turkey Tacos, with some refried beans, cheese, guacamole, and taco sauce. Side note: she had a manual can opener, that I basically butchered the refried beans can with. She either needs to get an electric can opener or I just need to learn the more simplistic approach to things. Somehow, we ended up drinking a bottle of wine to ourselves and going to play pool at some dive bar in Dallas. As the responsible adult that I am, I stayed the night at katie's.. or more like passed out without control. 

Wow, remind me to NEVER take that yoga class and then go drink again. Like I said at the beginning of this post, my body felt like I had been ran over by a car. My god. I mean, basically from dehydration, but this significantly got worse throughout the day. Why do people drink? What is the purpose of alcohol? I will let you know this weekend when I most likely will pop open a beer.

Trying to regain strength and get a grip on life, I found the energy to make some breakfast for Phil and I. This did help, but not like it usually does. DO NOT do what I did, I swear it is Monday and I still feel like shit. Anyways, I went with the classic over-easy eggs with a side of Maple Pepper bacon. That bacon was to die for!

After laying around most of the day and having the worst headache possible, I messaged my mom mid-afternoon, to see if she wanted to walk around the mall with me. Sometimes just getting out of the house makes people feel better, so I thought I would give it a shot. Plus, I wanted to hang with her too, and my dad didn't really seem up for hanging out. After making a lap around the mall, we went to Ruby Thai Kitchen in the food court, where they have a noodle bar. My mom went with a wonton noodle soup and I went with a spicy beef noodle soup. Definitely not as good as Pho, but it held us over. 

Sunday morning and I still felt a little foggy, but overall much better than the day before. It was supposed to rain all day, but only ended up raining around 11pm. Phil and I went to Starbucks to get some coffee (he went with hot chocolate). Once we got back, I felt like making a Baby Spinach  Parmesan Omelet. Did you know that you can spell omelet both as spelled and omelette. Both are correct, just a fun fact. The recipe is super easy!

Here's what I used:

Two Eggs (can use three eggs or egg whites)

1/4 cup of Milk

1/2 cup of baby spinach

1 Tbs of Parmesan


Lemon Pepper

Garlic Salt

I mixed my eggs with all my seasonings in one bowl, then added it to a medium sized pan on medium heat. Threw the spinach on the eggs and cooked for maybe 3-5 minutes, and then folded the eggs and flipped for about 2 minutes more. On the side, I went with some turkey bacon and raspberries. 

Not too long after, we had some friends come over and had some Chicken Express. I had already ate about half when one of the mentioned that I had yet to take a picture. I will be honest, I usually try to not be rude about this and just take pictures of everyone's food, but in this case I just completely forgot. Delicious though! If you bring you dog there, then will offer a chicken tender. If you are like me and don't feed your pets human food, here is a trick to get more chicken tenders. YOU'RE WELCOME. 

Happy Eating,


Day 44-46 - February 13th thru 15th, 2017 

Monday morning may have one of the weirdest mornings I have had in a while. For starters, the minute I walk in, I put my things down and a coworker came by to let me know I had someone waiting for me up front. To my surprise, this person was someone who had just started a position with one of our clients in the same building. She said she had to talk, so I brought her into the interview room. She hits me with a BOMB, saying she didn't feel comfortable and that she would like to resign.. immediately. I thought to myself, "This is the kind of week you're going to have..."

After I walked the ex-employee out, then I get a call from another employee asking me if she could move her start date to what was tomorrow, so that she could spend time with her daughter that surprised her from the military. Ummmmm........ well, if she came in on Friday, then why did you wait to ask me until 45 minutes before your start time?!?! Thanks for making me feel like shit, but that is going to be a hard no. Does that make me an awful person? On the contrary, I have heard just about every excuse in the book, so I really hope she was not lying.

Finally got to have my coffee and cutie. Luckily, my week has not been as terrible as how it started out.

For lunch, I had what I made on Sunday, which was the brussel sprouts and chicken. They heated up very well and hopefully will last me the whole week.

Since I had bought that fresh salmon and shrimp, I had to cook that before they went bad. Just to keep it simple, I went with a Cajun Lemon Garlic approach. Sort of how I go about making my cajun shrimp, but with a couple different things.

Here's what I used:

1/2 lbs of Salmon

1/2 lbs. of Shrimp/Prawn

Cajun seasoning

Garlic Salt

Black Peppercorn, grinded

Lemon Pepper

2 cloves of garlic


Lemon, sliced

5 Tbs of Margarine (I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)

1 Tbs.Olive Oil

I started off with using a round baking pan and putting 1-2 tbs. of margarine on the bottom. Heated the oven to 425 degrees. Then, patted the salmon dry and applied the olive oil. Placing the seafood into the pan, I started dousing it all with seasoning. I usually do not add cilantro, but I was looking up recipes and some of them had that in there, so thought I would try it out. After cutting the cilantro up, I added the cloves of garlic and slices of lemon on top.

After 20 minutes in the oven, my delicious creation was ready to serve. On the side, I added some angel hair pasta and broccoli. Of course, Phil went ahead and only had pasta haha. 

For Valentine's, I just had some of the meal I prepped on Sunday. Phil and I had decided to not really do present's this year. I usually still get something even if we say that, but he really didn't want me to get anything. So.. I stuck to it. Usually, he really does mean what he says, but then I came home to a small little surprise. HOW FREAKIN' SWEET. I know it isn't flowers and what not, but I have had flowers almost every year.. I think we can go a couple times without them. Starbucks though. That will forever be cherished. Plus, he got my favorite chocolates, which have hazelnut in them. If you have yet to have them, then I suggest you wait until tomorrow and go to your closest CVS store. You can basically get them anywhere. Still delicious though. 

Keeping the simple trend going, we made some Digiorno pizza and I drank a lot of wine. Honestly, I should probably leave out the details, but this was a very well spent Valentine's evening 😉 

I just think this picture is cute. I told him to show the shirt he was wearing, because my mom got him and I matching shirts from Seattle and wanted to take a picture of him. He is ADORABLE.

Wednesday's are my new days to go grab something to eat. Plus, it always seems as if we choose the same places. For instance, Fast Furious or Cake Gecko are like our number one spots. We chose Cafe Gecko this time around, and I have yet to have a chicken sandwich since I started my blog. Granted, I have a picture of this sandwich from before the New Year on my Instagram, but still doesn't count for this blog. Technically. The sandwich comes with delicious chicken, perfectly cooked. Melted jack cheese, with mushrooms under that. Topped with some lettuce and honey mustard sauce, this Blackened Chicken Sandwich is to die for and maybe my favorite lunch meal. Just maybe. 

Something I think they have changed it being able to replace the waffle fries with soup. Do not get me wrong, the fries are awesome but when you are trying to keep things light, it is nice to have this option. I went with the Chicken Tortilla soup of course. 

To end off my day, I had a nice 45 minute workout to burn off the last couple daily eats. I usually go for a nice run, but decided to start on the elliptical for 15 minutes and spend about 30 minutes doing intervals on the treadmill. Intervals are great for losing weight and burning some extra calories, but cardio is really all I ever do. I feel like whenever I do strengthening exercises, I need to have a spotter and Phil tends to stay away from the gym. So, cardio it is. 

For dinner, I was feeling some super light, legitimately because the past couple days (other than lunch) I have been eating crap. I used frozen pineapple, baby spinach, Light & Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt, and black berries. I also went to visit my parents, in which they had some left over McDonald's Chicken Nuggets. I couldn't resist, so I naturally had about 4 of those. It was fun while it lasted, but this every other day dieting this is overrated. I will just have to workout twice as hard, so that I can eat like a normal person. Let's be honest though, I have barely changed my diet and need to come to terms that I may just become obese really soon. Only time will tell. Until then....

Happy Eating,



Day 42 & 43 - February 11th & 12th, 2017

This is probably going to be my longest post ever, so brace yourself. Saturday was literally one of the best days I have had in a while; especially because it had been a while since Phil and I have had a "Day Date", I was in food blogger heaven, and it was just an all-around beautiful day. We decided to head to the Dallas Farmer's MarketNo traffic coming in and found an awesome parking spot. The only thing that put a damper on my party was that I forgot my darn ID. Of course, nothing can ever be picture perfect, but it worked out in the end. Not that I am an alcoholic or anything, but that feeling when you know you can't do something.. makes you want to do it even more.

"The Market" or where all the restaurants and stores were. Not only did it aesthetically look good, but inside was nice as well and very well air conditioned. 

We started of with some lunch at Taqueria La Ventana, which is where I discovered the missing ID. Again, not an alcoholic, just bothered me I didn't have the option. 

I ordered the Elotes, which is corn in butter, cheese, and spices on top. So good! I have been looking for places that serve "corn in a cup" since I had my first taste at Fuel City, which I hopefully will have on here at one point. 

Of course, we went with some chips and queso. Your typical queso blanco, but with small pineapple chunks within the dip. The little bit of sweetness is a nice surprise for your mouth. Even for me, and I am not one to put pineapple on cooked food. 

I ordered the barbacoa taco. Only got one since I knew I was going to eat more throughout the day. Very tasty, but to say this is the best barbacoa taco I ever had would be a flat out lie. Maybe the meat is more fresh, but I would have to go with Torchy's or even Chipotle. Needless to say, I would still recommend this place, but maybe go with the shrimp taco next time. 

We started walking around and then we ran into "Cool Haus". Phil went for some Dark Chocolate ice cream and then hit a wall (figuratively not literally). 

Rather than the ice cream, I went with an Iced Chai Latte from Palmieri, which was also very delightful.

Phil and I decided to take a deep breath, and maybe walk off the food we had be eating. This place is not huge, but has a lot to offer. Right next to The Shed and Market, is a huge Calloway's type place, or a plant nursery. Plus, there are cute townhomes and apartments that surround the area, giving this little cut of Downtown a taste of New York farmer's market vibe. 

We headed back to check out Rex's Seafood Grill and Fish Market. Of course, I had to buy something. Most likely, the fish and everything was over-priced but will probably be delicious, so sorry not sorry. 

The whole point of the trip was really to get some oysters from here, which was our plan all along to wait until the end of the day to eat some. For a dozen, they were about $28, which is about $6-10 more than we have typically paid. Not going to lie though, these may have been the BEST oysters I have ever had. No lie. Perfectly shucked and salty. Slipped right into my mouth (that's what she said).

There was no way we would leave without going by the beef jerky stand. We tasted the hottest one they had. Thank God Phil likes beef jerky and spicy food just as much as me. We almost ate the whole thing in the car ride back home!

Ending our night off with stuffing our faces more with some brownies I made and watching SNL. Saturday was the perfect and can't wait to go back to the market to get some actual produce next time!

Sunday was a day of relaxation. First, I did some chores around the apartment then made myself bagel thin with garden vegetable cream cheese and added some fruit (strawberries, raspberries, black raspberries) on the side. Then I went on like a three mile run with Addy, so I could burn off everything I had ate the day before.

I told my mom I'd go get my nails done with her later in the evening, so I made my chicken for the week prior to me heading out. I made some Adobo Chicken Breast. Usually, you make this with legs and thighs, so I changed up the recipe a little bit.

Here's what I used:

3 Chicken Breasts
5 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 cup of water
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
Salt to taste
Whole peppercorn

In a zip-lock bag, I combined soy sauce and garlic then marinaded the chicken for over an hour while I went running. I put the bags of chicken in the fridge. Once I got back, I showered and then placed a medium pan on medium heat and added the oil, once the oil was hot I put the marinated chicken and brown (about seven minutes). I poured in the remaining marinade and add water, then brought it to a boil. Added whole peppercorn and let simmer for 30 minutes, then added the vinegar, stir and simmer for 10 more minutes. Lastly, the sugar, salt, and stirred. One of the juiciest chickens you will ever have.

Around 7pm, my mom and I had just finished up getting our nails done. Super relaxing and much needed for both of us, because I was in bad shape. I won't go into more detail. Afterwards, we decided to get some pho at Pho Que Huong. My mom likes to get these smoothies there, that consist of condensed and and some type of jell-o in there. I don't know exactly what is in there, but the drink smells good? Haha. 

Ain't she cute. 

Usually I go for the spicy bowl, but my mom swore that the kind she gets can be spicy too so I went with it. She gets the Eye Round Steak (or at Pho Que Huong, the P15). She was right. I added enough jalapeno that they bring out with the pho, that makes this tangy but spicy at the same time. 

I still love the Spicy Seafood or S7 that I order everytime. If I am ever feeling like taking a chill day on the spicy, then I will definitely order this knowing it will still be just as delicious. 

After dropping my mom off, I headed home to watch Walking Dead. I had to finish making my lunch for the week and decided to go with the Brussel Sprouts I bought last week. I decided to bake these in the oven and the recipe was super easy to follow. Click the link to get to the recipe, but changed up a couple things to make it mine. The brussel sprouts came in a bag, so I used that to shake up all the ingredients. I put the olive oil, pepper, used garlic salt instead of regular salt, and sprinkled some lemon pepper once they were on the pan. While cooking them for about 35-40 minutes, I would shake the pan every 5-7 minutes to make sure they were evenly cooked. 

My sprouts came out perfectly. All around, this weekend was full of love and food, which makes great weekend for me. Forgive me if this post was long, but you can't say I didn't warn because I totally did. Until next time!

Happy Eating, 


Day 40 & 41 - February 9th & 10th, 2017

Thursday morning I had decided to start with a smoothie. I do not use my Ninja enough, which is why I had originally went to the grocery store the night before anyway. One thing I forgot to get was some bananas, which would have been perfect with the combination I made. 

Here's what I used:

Baby Spinach

Light Vanilla Greek Yogurt


Black Raspberries


Something I tend to forget is to put the ice first. The reason being is when the ice is last, it gets to the blade first and is very hard to grate when there is not much liquid surrounding the ice. My guess is this also help melt the ice just the right amount, so that it can break down more easily. 

As a snack, I brought some Stacy's Bagel Chips and Black Bean Hummus. What I should have done is not mention I had this with me, because I offered to let people try the hummus with the chips and forgot that there has been a head cold floating around. Luckily, I have yet to be infected, but watching my coworkers' hands dip into my hummus made me want to slap the food right out of their hand. No good deed goes unpunished.

For the rest of the day, I basically ate the meal preps that I had still. Sort of like chicken, fish can last about 3-4 days until you would rather dump it in the trash. Since I had cheated the day before, I stuck to my guns and ate the rest so nothing would go to waste. That has been a big thing for me lately, because I used to be so bad about wasting food like vegetables, cheeses, meats, etc. 

On another note, Phil and I had popped open some of his favorite wine, since we received our shipment from Grape Creek we get every few months. The wine is a Cabernet Blanc, which sounds like a red, but is actually and very sweet pink wine. I am more of a sauvignon blanc kind of girl, but this wine is sweet yet bearable to the stomach. Another reason we opened the bottle was because he got an 89 and 94 on his first two tests in Anatomy! Something that I was never able to do, but you know someone is meant for something when that kind of class is easier to them than most. So stinkin' proud. Post opening of wine, we watched Santa Clarita Diet, which is a new shows on Netflix. Pretty cute, but also very gory. I finished the show in one sitting. No shame, check it out. 

For some reason, this week felt like it was dragging on and would never end. Finally, it was Friday. Today was our VP of Sales' last day, which basically meant get your stuff and go. After 11 years, his goodbye seemed a little awkward, but I guess the comes with the territory. For lunch, my boss asked if I wanted to attend this event at Prestonwood Country Club, where the CIO of American Airlines was speaking. Free food ? Sure, why not. 

I had planned to go eat at this Chinese Buffet that my mom and I like to go a get our Asian on, since we had yet to go there since she had been back. Buffets ALL DAY. Since I knew I was going to eat heavy later on, I just went for the salad during my work event, with a side of chili. Although, they always have some good food to offer for their events, so by no means did anything look bad.

Whenever we go to Buffet Palace, which is in Lewisville and has quite the characters inside, we already know our routine of what to get and when to have it. I always start out with getting too much sushi for my own good. I never finish this, because then I know I want to be able to get something else later. The sushi isn't amazing, but still pretty good for a little starter and no different than your typical grocery store sushi. 

Then, I go to get my "entree". Note that my mom also got a plate full of crab legs prior. Yes, this place actually serves seafood on Fridays and Saturdays, which is why my mom likes to go. Of course they have your basic shrimp and stuff, but then they have mussels and crab and the main reason why we started going here. To be honest, the crab could of been cooked better, but can't complain when you are at a buffet. You just gotta deal. 

Going back to what I actually have on my plate, I went for the fried rice, General Tso's chicken, shrimp and vegetable mix, and black pepper chicken. So, a whole lot of chicken haha. I will say that I forgot to get the black pepper shrimp that I usually get, but it had been so long and resulted in me forgetting. Either way, we were stuffed by the end and smelling like a seafood buffet. 

We ended out the evening going to this Karaoke bar by my parents house called Daddy Rabbit's Pub. They actually redid the whole inside, so it was brighter and a little more appealing. After a couple drinks and listening to some good and mostly bad, drunk singing, we headed home. My mom is the cutest. 🙂 

Happy Eating, 


Day 38 & 39 - February 7 & 8, 2017

Tuesday was a quiet day at work. Since I had meal prepped the night before, nothing really much to say there other than I am really glad I meal prepped. The one thing that was nice about Tuesday is that I was able to get my ish together and update my website. Since you guys have already seen what I had for lunch (if you haven;t, scroll down some more), I will jump to what I had for dinner. I had about half of the rice left over in the fridge, in order to make some Garlic Fried Rice. This is super simple and takes like 10 minutes tops, if you already have the rice cooked. 

Here's what I used:

1/4 cup of Vegetable Oil

3 cloves of garlic, minced

Salt and Pepper to taste

I cranked up a large frying pan to medium high heat. I would suggest this, unless you are sort of bad at keeping your focus on cooking... then maybe put it to medium heat. Add the oil and once you can see the oil dissipate, go ahead and put the rice on there. I started breaking up the rice, because it falls in clumps. After a couple minutes, add the garlic, salt, and pepper. Once the rice starts to turn an off-white color and the garlic is starting to brown, you are good to go. Super fast and simple. 

Garlic Fried Rice is something I got from my mom, which is a typical way to eat rice for breakfast. Since she got home not too long ago from being in the Philippines, her sleep is out-of-wack, so I thought she would like some breakfast once she woke up. Since this is breakfast, you typically eat the rice with eggs. LOL I didn't have eggs, which is a lot of the reason why I went over to my parents in the first place. Sorry mom and dad, but you had the goods. 😉 Unfortunately, one thing you should have to go with this ( follower on instagram mentioned/reminded me of this) is Longaniza, which is basically spicy sausage, and something that I did not have. So, I opted for bacon instead.

It was nice to eat some dinner with my mom for the first time since she had been back. Plus, she likes good movie and we watched Deadpool to end off the evening. 

Going back to the whole meal prepping thing for a second, I had brought my lunch Wednesday intending to eat what I had made, but then Brandi suggested Fast Furious and I am a weak person. I decided to go with the usual meal, which is their "pick a protein and carb" option. I chose to keep it somewhat light with some shrimp, vegetables, and half noodles and brown rice. I love that I can half the portions of carbs there. Of course, I made that thing spicy.

Another thing I like about going here is that they really take notice if they eff up. They skipped over my coworkers meal, when bringing out people's food, so they gave him some free Gyoza's. Not sure if Gyoza is already plural, but you get what I mean. If you are not sure what a Gyoza is, this is similar to a wonton, but with different wrapping and usually fried. 

Brandi then suggested to go get some cookies from Great American Cookies. Fun Fact: That was my first job when I was 15 years old, where I learned to bake an immense amount of cookies and how to make pretzel bites haha. The GAC in Addison is actually combined with a Marble Slab, so I had to get some ice cream. I am actually still quite upset Brandi suggested going there. Either way, I left with the "Cheesecake Break" which is cheesecake ice cream, strawberries, caramel, and teddy grahams. Once we got back to the office, I was pretty much half asleep the rest of the day. Ughh.

Since I had ate some much, I was determined to work out that night and spent about an hour at the gym. It has been awhile since I have done that, so I have definitely been feeling it since then. One thing I need to keep in mind is that if I am going to consistently be on this awesome food everyday train, I need to get on the workout train as well. Any workout regimens that you would recommend are totally welcomed! Until then, I will be busting out some cardio to burn off the extra pounds I have packed on since January. Worth it though. Sorry not sorry.

Happy Eating, 


Day 35-37 - February 4th-6th, 2017 

Following my last post, I have been behind all on February, due to some reorganizing issues. I could give a bunch of excuses, but how about I just get into all the yummy food I had over the weekend 🙂

Day 35 - February 4th, 2017 

I had quite a bit of wine the night before, while hanging out with my friends Amanda and Courtney. I should of taken a picture, but they had ordered some chicken and jalapeno pizza that was dank and surprisingly from Papa John's. Anyways, after taking Addy on a nice little walk, I resulted to eating my left over biscuits and gravy. If you are wondering how the biscuit is still good, well, here is a tip. **By the way, this is not some trick I am just claiming and that I am the only person in the world who knows this.** Take a paper towel and wet it lightly, to where it is damp. Wrap your bread, or in this case biscuit, and heat for about 10-20 second in the microwave. Simple right? Good as new.. sort of, but gets the job done.

I woke up to find out my Dad had painted most of their kitchen overnight, I had to go over a spot him while he finished the rest of the job. After watching paint dry, literally, I had to go get ready for my friend Katie's farewell party. She is moving to Chicago, which makes me sad, but also very excited for her and all the food I will eat when I visit her haha. My other friend Courtney and I arrived to the party a little earlier, and they had a little something to tie us over until we could dig into the Babe's Chicken they had catered. Her boyfriend insisted I try this dip and add it to my blog. On the contrary, it definitely was delicious and worth sharing! There wasn't really a name for it, but consisted of avocado, cherry tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, and maybe some type of dressing? I will call it italian guacamole.

Once 6:30pm hit, everyone started hovering towards the food. If you have yet to try Babe's, then you need to find some time and go. They do family-style servings, where you order what kind of chicken you want, whether that be thighs and drumsticks, strips, chicken fried chicken, or chicken fried steak. They bring out salad and biscuits first. Then, they bring out the green beans soaked in bacon grease, cream corn, and mashed potatoes and gravy. 

This place really is not that cheap dining in. Such a treat, especially when it is catered and free. After the eating, the drinking began.

Day 36 - February 5th, 2017

Nothing I love more than feeling like I can't move my body to the point that I too weak to even get a glass of water. No headache, no sickness, just blah. My body was aching all over and the night before really took a toll on me. You never leave a Brice house party without feeling it the next day. I was at least able to make a ham sandwich, and toasted it with some butter on a pan, praying it would give me strength. 

The only motivation I had was that it was SUPERBOWL LI and my Atlanta Falcons were playing. For those who watched the game, which there is a slim few who did not, you know how my day ended. With heartbreak. The thing that made this day more special though and my true motivation, was that my mom was coming home after being in the Philippines for three months. Luckily for us, the game was at halftime when her flight got in, and we rolled up right when she finished getting her bags. Whether the Falcons won or lost that day, the real win was having her home and nothing could ruin that for me. <3 

Day 37 - February 6th, 2017

Not only was this a Monday, after the Superbowl, after the Falcons lost the Superbowl, after my mom got home after three months of being, but also one of the weirdest Mondays ever at work since our VP is leaving. Now, the walls were not crumbling down, but the day was quiet and usually everyone tries to be somewhat upbeat to suffice the fact it is Monday. I had yet to prep any lunch for the week, so I decided to just go to Baker Bros Deli and Bakery. This place is walking distance from me and I usually just call in my order. I went with their Baked Potato Soup and Texas Cobb Salad. 

For the salad, I took out tomatoes of course and added some jalapenos. This usually comes with a jalapeno ranch that sounds tasty, but I am a balsamic vinaigrette kind of girl. Along with that, this salad comes with ham, turkey, bacon bits, spiced pecans, red onion, boiled egg, and black olives. 

After getting home from the weirdest day ever at work, my dad had asked if I wanted to help him go grocery shopping to get something in their fridge since my mom is home. There was literally nothing in the fridge and barely anything in the freezer haha. Sure.. why not? I could get a couple things. I ended up getting some Tilapia and other things like strawberries, raspberries, and black raspberries. That reminds me, I forgot baby spinach, and need to get some later. Anyways, I cooked up some Cajun Lemon Tilapia, using some basic seasonings.

Here's what I used:


Olive Oil

Cajun Seasoning

Lemon Pepper

Garlic Salt

Black Pepper

Again, I am all about sizing everything to taste, because you know you taste buds better than I do but those ingredients will get you to where you want to be. Make sure to rub the olive oil first, then add the seasoning. Put in the oven at 350 degree and cook for 8-10 minutes. 

I also made some salmon too. Here's what I used:


Olive Oil

Chile Powder



Garlic Salt

Lemon Pepper

Black Pepper

Also, very tasty and I was able to cook this with the tilapia for the same amount of time. Since I was meal prepping for the week, I cooked some jasmine rice, black beans, and corn. My week was set and definitely ended my day off a little better than it started. 

It's funny. I was so close to really just saying to hell with this blog, but this truly brightens my day every time I cook and can post about it. I know this blog is not perfect, but in the spirit of this month, if you love something, then give it your all. 

Happy Eating, 


Day 32-34 - February 1st-3rd, 2017 

I will be honest, I have been really constrained on doing this everyday the past 6 days, so forgive me if you are one of the very few who consistently read this. Well, if there is more than a few, than sorry to all. I have been uber busy and since Wednesday, plus Phil has his first test this week so he has been having to use the computer for more important things. Not that this isn't important and for a minute, I thought I was going to give up on this because I couldn't find the time, but later in the post and in the next one.. you will find why there has been some delays.

Let's start with Day 32, which was Wednesday, February 1st, 2017.

Not sure why, but when I woke up that morning, I had the sudden urge to make my lunch. Well, I know why, because I had the Gala the next night and wanted to eat something somewhat light and FREE. Being the five star chef that I am, I made a tuna sandwich. Oh yeah, impressive. For real though, this is so simple, but can be awesome given the right ingredients. I will say that I was really crunched for time and didn't have a chance to chop some celery. 

Here's what I used:

1 can of StarKist Chunk Light Tuna

Mayonnaise Light


Lemon Pepper

Garlic Powder

Red Pepper

Ground Pepper

Pickled Jalapenos

Provolone Cheese

Whole Wheat Bread

If you don't know how to make tuna salad, then you basically mix seasonings with mayo and mustard. I really don't have an amount of how much you should put of the mayo and mustard, because this all has to do with taste in my opinion. I even like to add chunks of apples or grapes, and some celery. Just keep in mind how much you want of everything, or it can ruin the thing.

Despite me wanting/needing to eat lighter, I decided to have my dad over and my breakfast for dinner. So basically the opposite of what I was going for, but hey.. it was good! I think I can skip over the bacon, eggs, and even the pancakes. I am definitely going to tell you about the Biscuits and Gravy though.

Here's what I used:

Southern Style Biscuits

1 lbs. of Southern Mild Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage

1/2 tsp. of Seasoning Salt

2 tsp. of Ground Pepper

1/3 of All Purpose Flour

3 to 4 Cup of Milk to taste (what can fit)

Most of this you can find in your pantry, which makes this a great recipe. Of course, need the sausage and biscuits thought. With a large heavy skillet, brown the sausage over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Sprinkle on half the flour and stir so that the sausage soaks it all up, then add more little by little. Stir it around and cook it for another minute or so, then pour in the milk, stirring constantly. Cook the gravy, stirring frequently, until it thickens. (This may take a good 10 to 12 minutes.) Sprinkle in the seasoned salt and pepper and continue cooking until very thick and luscious. If it gets too thick too soon, just splash in another 1/2 cup of milk or more if needed. Spoon the sausage gravy over warm biscuits and serve immediately!

Phil is not a fan of biscuits and gravy (I know, weird), but my dad thought these were awesome. Is it sad that I really take into account what my dad's opinion is? Haha it still counts.. I swear. One time, he told me straight up that my chicken was under cooked and that was something that I needed to work on. I am one for constructive criticism, so I rather know than not. Anyways, he enjoyed it a lot and even took some home with him. As for the scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes, you guys can figure out how to make that. 😉 

Day 33 - February 2nd, 2017

The night of the Parade of Stars Gala! Lol such an extravagant name. In all seriousness, this is more for the President of the company, but kind of stresses me out when I have to find a dress for these things. Especially when you start a food blog and are about 10 pounds heavier than usual, and you have a dress that fits tightly and you need to look half as bloated. For lunch, the crew decided on Gecko, so I chose to go with the Chicken Torilla Soup. This may have been an off day, but I swear they were missing a couple things in the soup. For instance, they usually have avocado and a little more cheese. The soup was still delicious and could just be thinking of the chicken tortilla soup at Anamia's, which is still my favorite. Don't tell my co-workers please. 

Side note: I still had a ton of queso and chips...... -_-

The night of the GALA! Oh my! The beginning of the night was filled with me trying to sway people to buy a raffle ticket (which I didn't do too shabby) and some booze. This event isn't too stuffy and is for the Women's Business Council, so #BossLadies. Once the award ceremony began, I could finally sit down, since I was weak from only having soup (and queso). I have said this before, but I swear I have an eating problem. Nothing a doctor's visit can't fix I guess....

The food was actually pretty good and I was that young lady who takes pictures of her food. Haha. To start us off, they had a baby spinach salad with a tomato vinaigrette, fresh mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, and bacon bits. So yummy, especially the mozzarella. I would eat a package whole, I swear. 

The desserts were already at the table, which was torture just to stare at. Like, since this a nice little shin dig, am I not supposed to eat it? Thanks for the teaser. Well, the cakes were good, which one was chocolate mousse and the other cheesecake with strawberries on the side. Look at the presentation! That is some Food Network shit.

I did end up eating these after. I am not pathetic.. on most occasions.

To end off the night, a medium-well steak with carrots and zucchini on the side, and some type of cheese and potato lasagna? Maybe the best thing on the plate. Actually, definitely the best thing. All this food and three glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon, I was ready to go home. 

On a HIGH NOTE: Nymble (where I work) won the Rising Star Award, which was something we were shooting for last year. Gave me the feels. 

Day 34 - February 3rd, 2017

After a late night (well about 10:30pm lol), everyone seemed to be on the same page that it was Friday and glad everyone showed up. A sales guy on the other side of the company brought some donuts, which was so clutch, because I was craving something awful for me. 

Despite the high we were on as a company the night before, we ended up getting a bomb that our VP of Sales was choosing to leave. Seemed to me that myself and another recruiter were the last to know that morning. Probably one of the last things I would have expected to happen that day. Due to this news, everyone seemed to be in a state of either confusion or compliance. For me, a little bit a both, and not 100% sure what I even ate for lunch haha. Well, at least the food was good last night. 

Happy Eating,